Wednesday, February 27, 2008

OMG! What the F have I done?!


I was so proud of the fact that I didn't spend much money at stitches this year. Revelling that I got out of there under a $100 bucks! But then I made the mistake of stopping to observe a demo of a Circular Sock Machine. It was all over after that. Up until that point, I had only seen them in use online and not in person. I fell in LOVE with the mechanics and solid construction of an item of a bye gone era. I emailed the woman who demo'd it for more info. and well...two days later, I've plopped the $$$ down for my own. It's a Legare 400 and is being shipped from Canada. It's fully restored and is supposedly a gem of a specimen. All I can say is that all gifts given to friends and family from this point on will be SOCKS-SOCKS-SOCKS-SOCKS-SOCKS. Sheesh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment