Friday, April 4, 2008

beginning to <3 ravelry...

I was looking for the Setsuko Torii book on and off for a little while now, but then stumbled across the HabuTextiles group in Ravelry and all the homework was done for me :).I just had to go to the website mentioned and plunked down $37.75 smakeroos and now I await my very own copy of Setsuko Torii Hand Knit Works !!! Yippy!

I had the pleasure of visiting Habu's shop in NYC almost a year ago to date. A gamelan group I used to play in toured the East Coast. I took the opportunity to visit the various yarn shops in the area and even got to catch the Radical Lace & Subversive Knitting exhibit at the Museum of Arts & Design across from MoMA. It was all so very, very, cool. Not to mention the weather...it was freezing there at that time!!! Brrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment